Don’t let a gluten intolerance keep you from partaking in all the pumpkin spice goodness around this time of year.
By Debra Smith
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cakelettes
Don't let a gluten intolerance keep you from partaking in all the pumpkin spice goodness around this time of year.
Author: Debra Smith
Recipe Type: Baking
Serves: 12 cakelettes
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon flax seed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter over low heat, cool and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tapioca starch, almond flour, coconut flour, kosher salt, baking soda, baking powder and ground flax seed; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, melted butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- Add half of the dry mixture and whisk until nearly incorporated; add remaining dry mixture and whisk until well blended.
- Spray pans well with cooking spray and fill ¾ way full; drop pans on the counter a couple of times to release any air pockets.
- Place mini-bundt pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 6 minutes then place a cooling rack on top of pans and flip over, turning the cakelettes out of the pan.
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar directly before serving.