Light and fluffy, these spiced, Almond and Hemp Pancakes pack a hefty nutritional punch in addition to being so scrumptious!
When I was a young ‘un, cupcakes, pancakes, were treats – comfort food – exploding with white flour and refined sugar.
These days, while I am a staunch supporter of “treats”, I usually like to put a healthy spin on them – beets in cupcakes, quinoa in pancakes, avocado in muffins – I mean, life is too short not to fill it with delicious AND nutritious right?
Why You Should Make These Pancakes This Weekend:
• They are a stack of comfort food – for your weekend breakfast – or lunch – or both,
• They are delicious, almost “cake” like in consistency even though they are gluten free
• Have NO white flour,
• Have NO Refined Sugar,
• Have NO Butter, and
• AND they can be refrigerated for upto 3 days #mealprepwin</div?
These pancakes are made with energy boosting oats, honey, almond butter, and Hemp Hearts. After I used Hemp Hearts to make these breakfast cookies, I figured my weekend pancake stack could use these slightly nutty, non-GMO seeds, packing a whopping 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of Omegas per 30 gram serving! These pancakes are easy to whip up just mix all the ingredient up, wait about 5 minutes for the oats to thicken up the mixture, and then cook up spoonfuls of this batter and voila, you are done! You can double or triple the quantities to make bigger batches. Any extra pancakes you have can be refrigerated for upto 3 days and reheated and enjoyed as needed.
My daughter and I sandwiched our stack of pancakes with almond butter and topped them with more honey before devouring them on our test round. ?
Love trying new spins on pancakes? Check out my other pancake recipes.
Gluten-Free: Almond and Hemp Pancakes
- Author: Shashi Charles
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup ground oats i ground mine in my blender
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon honey add more for sweeter pancakes
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Combine all the ingredients together and let batter stand for 5 minutes undisturbed – it will thicken during this time
- Place a pan over a medium flame/heat temp and grease it with butter or oil and let it heat up.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of batter in the warmed pan and cook on low for 3 – 4 minutes or till golden on one side. Flip and repeat on the other. Repeat till all the batter is used up.
I am a healthy food lover - and tricking my loved ones into eating their veggies disguised as treats is my specialty! I am also a graphic designer by day and blogger by night and a mom 24/7!