PARTNER POST – Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
Not only is dill Havarti a great topping for a Bloody Mary, but it is also fun to infuse into the vodka, too. With a delicious dill and cheese flavor throughout the drink, this is a delicious mid-day cocktail.
By Terra Baltosiewich
Cheese in a cocktail has been the discussion in our house for a few weeks. Vodka is a girls best friend…well so is bourbon. For this special post we are working with dill flavored Castello Havarti cheese, AND vodka. Since you can infuse vodka with flavors, it was a perfect medium for the dill havarti. Combining cheese-infused vodka with a homemade bloody mary mix was beyond delicious. So who wants to be adventurous and enjoy a tall glass of a Blood Mary Cocktail with me?
Most bloody mary cocktails use tomato juice, but for this recipe I used tomato sauce instead. The tomato sauce is thicker, but with the vodka, ingredients, and ice, the tomato sauce works perfectly. Since the star of the show is dill havarti, I added dill to the bloody mary recipe. There are so many fun ways to serve a bloody mary, so adding the dill havarti cheese cubes was a perfect addition. You can see in the background of the photo above, the shot glass with the cloudy liquid. That cloudy liquid is the dill havarti cheese infused vodka, it was perfect with the bloody Mary recipe.
Feed Your Creativity — Ultimate Bloody Mary with Dill Havarti Infused Vodka
- Author: Terra Baltosiewich
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Not only is dill Havarti a great topping for a Bloody Mary, but it is also fun to infuse into the vodka, too.
- 1 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 1½ oz lemon juice
- 1½ oz lime juice
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp green olives juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Gourmet Gardens dill paste
- 1 tsp Gourmet Gardens garlic paste
- 1 tsp Gourmet Gardens red pepper chile paste
- Castello Dill Havarti Cheese
- Fresh dill
- Celery stalks
- Green olives stuffed with garlic cloves
- Hot pepper
- In small bowl with lid, add 4 (2 oz each) shots of vodka and one package of dill havarti cheese, cover and let the vodka infuse with cheese flavors for a week.
- In pitcher, add tomato sauce, lemon juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, green olives juice, salt, pepper, garlic paste, dill paste, and red pepper chile paste. Whisk together well.
- In pint glass or tall glass, fill with ice, add one shot (2 oz) of cheese infused vodka, then fill with bloody mary mixture, top with two splashes of non-infused vodka, and mix well.
- Garnish with cheese cubes, celery stalk, fresh dill, stuffed green olives, and hot pepper.
- Category: Cocktail, Drink
Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
Terra is the author of the food blog "CafeTerraBlog." She shares healthy recipes, along with a few "unhealthy" treats. Not only is she a food blogger, she is also a romance author. In each romance book she shares recipes made by the characters, you can find out more about her romance books at TerraKelly.com. She and her husband live in Charlotte, NC with two cats and a dog that loves leftovers.