PARTNER POST – Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
An easy, warming dish to usher out winter in a scrumptious, cheesy fashion.
By Oriana Romero
This recipe was born a few days ago, during our last (finger crossed) winter storm. That day I wasn’t feeling like cooking, but I had no option since we were covered in snow and all restaurants were closed. So, I literally opened my refrigerator and used whatever I had. I just wanted something easy to prepare, quick and comforting. And in less than 20 minutes. Less than 20 minutes … We got a keeper!
There is something about pulling a warm, bubbling cheesy casserole from the oven that screams comfort food, and you can bet this casserole is cheesy! I used parmesan, mascarpone and Castello’s Havarti Wild Garlic… A cheese lover heaven!
Castello’s Havarti Wild Garlic was a great addition to this recipe. It is a semi-firm cheese, but still creamy. It has a delicate garlic flavour, very mild, that adds a touch of sophistication to the cheese.
I loved the way this recipe turned out with all the cheesy goodness! It’s easy, and comes together in a flash.
This is a meatless dish but the mushrooms add great, full flavor. I also added some spinach. We love the mushroom-spinach combination.
- 1 packet (17.5 oz) Potato Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach, tightly packed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups CASTELLO® HAVARTI WILD GARLIC, shredded
- Cook potato gnocchi following packet instructions. Drain and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Add mushroom and continue cooking until tender. Add spinach, mix and cook until wilted, about 2 -3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add butter and heavy cream to skillet. Stir until butter is melted. Add Parmesan, Mascarpone and ½ cup of Havarti wild garlic. Stir and let cook for about 3 - 5 minutes, or until all cheeses are melted and incorporated. Add gnocchi to skillet and mix gently until well coated through, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with remaining Havarti wild garlic cheese on top and place skillet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts and start slightly browning.
Mascarpone cheese can be substituted with cream.
Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
I'm Oriana! A Venezuelan mommy of 3 wonderful children, happy wife, picture taker and passionate about cooking and eating.