These nori wraps are packed with healthy veggies–avocado, squash, cabbage–and topped with a miso tahini sauce. A great easy snack recipe!
Like most of my favorite snacks, they are really just a vehicle for sauce. And this spicy tahini drizzle would make any veggie go down easily.
The secret ingredient is chickpea miso, which gives the ground sesame a nice hint of sweet and saltiness. I didn’t have it on hand, so I violated one prong of Amie’s detox by adding the soy version. My jar is organic and GMO-free, but I should probably replace it with a chickpea-based brand for future spicy tahini drizzles. Either way though, the sauce is delicious!
From Eating Clean
- 4 nori seaweed sheets,
- cut into 4-inch squares
- ¼ small head red cabbage,
- very thinly sliced 1 large carrot,
- peeled and julienned
- 1 small yellow summer squash,
- julienned 1 small cucumber,
- julienned 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ¼ tablespoons chickpea miso paste
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Water, as needed to thin the drizzle
- To make the tahini: Combine all of the ingredients except the water in a blender. Blend, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time as you go, until the mixture becomes a thin sauce.
- To make the wraps: Place the nori sheets on a flat surface.
- Add a few pieces of cabbage, carrot, squash, cucumber, and avocado to each sheet. Top each pile of vegetables with a heaping tablespoon of the Spicy Tahini Drizzle, and then roll up the nori sheets into a tube shape.
- Serve alongside the remaining sauce!