This bright dessert is simple, sweet, and creamy. Without any sugar or dairy, you have a rich, smooth ice cream. Serve it up immediately or shove it in the freezer to keep it chilled until you’re ready to enjoy.
By Kathy Gori
Dairy-Free Persimmon Ice Cream
There it is, simple and sweet and creamy, without any sugar or dairy, you have ice cream. Serve it up immediately or shove it in the freezer to keep it chilled until you’re ready to enjoy it.
- Author: Kathy Gori
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 very ripe Hachiya Persimmons (the large heart shaped ones)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk.
- Freeze 2 Hachiya persimmons until they are rock solid
- Take 2 large frozen persimmons and peel them
- Once peeled, cut them into medium pieces
- Place the chunks of persimmon into a food processor. Add in about 1/4 cup of coconut milk. You can also add almond or rice milk if you wish. You can even add in buttermilk or cream, but then of course it wouldn’t be vegan. But then again you might not require a vegan recipe, so there’s that.
- Turn on the food processor and swirl the persimmon coconut milk into “ice cream.”
- Serve it up immediately or shove it in the freezer to keep it chilled until you’re ready to enjoy it.
Kathy Gori has a passion for Indian cooking. She brings 20 years of cooking experience and a natural flair for communicating her culinary adventures to her blog The Colors of Indian Cooking "A Hollywood Screenwriter, A Bollywood Kitchen". Food writer, commercial and cartoon voice actor (Rosemary the telephone Operator in Hong Kong Phooey among others) and screenwriter (Chaos Theory starring Ryan Reynolds) Kathy is also a Clio award-winner. She and her screenwriting-partner husband Alan live with their Siberian Husky Patsy in Sonoma, California.