These shredded Brussels sprouts are so simple and delicious. Serve with quinoa and a dollop of yogurt.
By Shuchi Mittal
Most people I know have a love-hate relationship with Brussels Sprouts. And I can understand why. These mini cabbages are slightly bitter in taste, and the centre is quite stiff and doesn’t cook easily. There was a time I used to dislike them too. But that’s the very reason I had to find a way to cook them my liking. A little patience and technique is all it takes to transform them into the most delicious stir fry.
- 10-12 Brussels Sprouts, shredded (this is key – shredded cook way better than halved!)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cooked chicken sausage, casing removed and diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic and cook for quick minute.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, cover and cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes – this will make the brussels sprouts lose some of their unwanted crunch (not all of it). Remove cover and saute on high heat for a minute till the ingredients brown on the underside and you can smell a heavenly buttery fragrance. Nice & charred.
- Eat with quinoa or as a warm side with a main such as Chicken or Fish. Tastes even better with a dollop of yogurt on top!