This comforting noodle dish is heavy on the vegetables and flavor but comes together in almost no time at all.
By Nandita Nataraj
- Rice noodles- 200gm
- Carrot- 1 med, chopped into thin strips
- French beans- 6-8, stringed and chopped diagonally
- Red and yellow bell pepper- ½ of each, chopped into thin strips
- Cabbage- ½ cup, shredded
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Light soya sauce- 3tbsp
- Sriracha sauce- 1-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Curry powder- 2tsp
- Sugar- ½tsp
- Rice Vinegar- ½tsp
- Sesame oil- 2tbsp
- Spring onion- 3tbsp, whites and greens separated chopped into 1" pieces
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Bean sprouts- ¼ cup
- Cook the noodles as per the package instructions and keep aside
- Heat oil in a large thick bottomed wok, and add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the spring onion whites, carrot and french beans and fry for 3-4 min till they are tender.
- Stir in the cabbage and bell pepper and fry for 2min more. Add the soya sauce, vinegar, salt sriracha sauce, and pepper and mix well.
- Add the curry powder and 2tbsp of water and mix quickly. Stir in the cooked noodles and the bean sprouts and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
Nandita was born, bred and spread in India, but right now lives in Tanzania where her quest for simple and exotic pleasures of food led to the creation of the blog Paaka-Shaale. She believes that food is not just a means to feed a body. But it is also meant to appeal the mind and satiate the soul.