The spicy-sweet flavor of cardamom is the star in these aromatic muffins.
By Sanjeeta KK
- 2 ½ cups All purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp long Tea leaves
- 1 tsp. Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- Boil milk and add long tea leaves in it, let it infuse for 10-15 minutes till you assemble other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Filter milk to remove the tea leaves. Keep a few tea leaves intact if you like to get those lovely dark specks in your muffins.
- Add powdered sugar and butter in another large bowl and whisk well. Add tea infused milk, apple cider vinegar, cardamom powder and whisk again.
- Pour wet ingredients in dry and mix lightly to combine, do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter in muffin liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or till done.
Sanjeeta kk is the author of food blog ‘Lite Bite’ which features vegetarian recipes. Her quest for egg free baking and healthy cooking is extensively shared though all her recipes. She likes to share stories behind the origin of her recipes which are easy and accessible. Homemade, unprocessed and healthy food is what she strives for each day. She defines food as nostalgic, comforting & an important factor to connect with people and make community