This cream of tomato soup is a deliciously thick soup made from tomatoes, cream, pepper, onion and garlic.
By Anita Mokashi
This cream of tomato soup is a thick soup made from tomatoes, cream, pepper, onion and garlic. It is more than an appetizer and with bread sticks it can be easily served as a fulfilling dinner. It is a gentle and soothing soup. It is prepared in less than 30 minutes and is extremely flavorful. I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart creamy tomato recipe.
- 5 tomatoes chopped into pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups of water
- 5 tbsp cream
- salt as per taste
- cream and mint leaves for garnishing.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Now add water and let the mixture boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from gas top and blend the mixture to a puree.
- Again transfer the puree to the pan.
- Whisk in cream, if desired; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve it hot with Bread sticks.
Anita Mokashi is based in California, but born and brought up in Mumbai, India. Her blog Crave Cook Click is mostly about Indian cooking, but occasionally she shares recipes from other cultures and cuisines too. Anita is also the publisher of a popular photography blog.