Oreo cookies and white chocolate make a decadent coating in these quick and easy candied apples.
By Kelsey Hilts
I still remember the first time that I tried a Cookies and Cream caramel apple at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory so I decided to make them at home. They are super easy to make. Simply swirl the apples in melted white chocolate and then dip them in crushed Oreo cookies. The white chocolate hardens quickly so you can eat them almost immediately. Spread leftover melted white chocolate on waxed paper and top it with crushed Oreo cookies to make a decadent cookies & cream white chocolate bark that will be just as popular as the candied apples.
- 2 apples, washed and dried
- 1 cup (180g) white chocolate chips
- Roughly 5 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Lollipop sticks, optional
- Insert lollipop sticks into the stem side of the apples if desired.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler over low heat, stirring it constantly once it begins to soften and melt.
- Leave the chocolate on low heat to keep it warm and runny.
- Dip the apples into the chocolate, using a spoon to drizzle and spread the chocolate over the apple.
- Tap off any excess chocolate and then swirl the chocolate-coated apple into the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Place the candied apples on waxed paper and allow the chocolate coating to harden.