Mix the sweetness of cantaloupe with melted mozzarella and prosciutto for these crostinis. To add a touch of tartness, drizzle on your favorite vinegar.
- 16 slices of baguette style bread
- 2 T. olive oil
- 8 slices of mozzarella cheese cut in half
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 8 slices of Prosciutto
- Flavored vinaigrette optional
- Mint leaves optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut bread into 1/4 inch thick slices. Brush each side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake bread for 10 minutes. Remove, add 1/2 slice of mozzarella cheese and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- While the cheese is melting. Use a potato peeler to make thin slices of cantaloupe. Cut Prosciutto in half.
- Remove crustini from oven and lay a folded piece of Prosciutto on top of cheese, add folded cantaloupe, top with a small leaf of mint.
- Optional: add a drop or two of your favorite balsamic vinegar. I used Cherry (see picture).
Sherron Watson is a writer and photographer. Her passion for food started at a young age while working with her family in their restaurant business. A career in photography gave her the experience she needed to start capturing images of her favorite dishes. This led to the creation of her blog: simply-gourmet.com. She is currently a food writer for Capital Style Magazine in Annapolis, MD.