Strong coffee flavor and coconut extract make this ice cream bold and rich. Add chocolate chunks or flakes for a sweet addition.
By Taylor Kadlec
I know the combo of coffee and coconut might seem a little strange but seriously – TRUST ME on this one. It’s delicious! The ice cream itself has both strong coffee and coconut extract along with shredded coconut to amp up the coconut flavor. Then I threw in some chopped up chocolate because you can never go wrong with chocolate, am I right? Side note: I prefer chopping chocolate so it is more flaked rather than adding chocolate chips to chocolate because I can’t stand biting into cold chocolate. But that’s just me so you can add chocolate chips or chunks – whatever you prefer!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup strong coffee, cooled (I used decaf)
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- *Chill ice cream maker bowl according to ice cream maker instructions.
- In large bowl combine heavy cream and sugar, and stir together until sugar is dissolved.
- Add milk, coffee, and extracts, and stir well to combine.
- Add to ice cream maker bowl and mix until semi-frozen, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add coconut and chocolate, and stir well to combine.
- You can either eat it somewhat "soft serve" at this point or transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze completely, about 4-6 hours.