Chilled Red Pepper and Goats’ Cheese Soup
Perfect vegetarian soup for hot summer days and a great substitute for Gazpacho if you are not a big fan of tomatoes. It is great served as a starter or in shot glasses as an hors d’oeuvre for a dinner party. Without cheese, it could easily be served as a vegan dish.
Original recipe and more at kitchenheist.com
- 340 g Roasted Red Peppers drained weight*
- 2 g 1/2 clove Garlic
- 10 g 1/2 Red Chilli, seeds and pith removed
- 5 g 10-12 large leaves Basil
- 5 g 1 tsp Sugar
- 5 g 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 10 g Olive Oil
- Soft Goats’ Cheese to serve (Optional)
- Crusty Bread to serve
- Salt and Pepper
- Drain peppers well, reserving the liquid.
- Blend peppers, basil leaves, garlic, sugar, and chili until smooth. Mix in the olive oil and vinegar. Season well with salt and pepper. If needed adjust thickness by adding some of the reserved liquid.
- Chill in the fridge until cold.
- Serve garnished with crumbled goats’ cheese and small basil leaves.
- Great served with warm, toasted crusty bread.