PARTNER POST – Get inspired with creatively crafted Castello Blue Cheese as we celebrate a Summer of Blue with #BluesdayTuesday.
A quick summer meal is made on pita with spicy muhammara, a hot pepper sauce, topped with fresh cucumber, mint, and creamy blue cheese.
By Lail Hossain
In the scorching summer heat in my part of the world, it’s often nice to be able to fix a healthy meal that requires no baking or cooking. Something light and refreshing that can be put together in a heartbeat. Partnering with Castello for a Summer of Blue, I’m munching on a delicious muhammara pita pizza as I write this. No baking or cooking required. Think of this delicious muhammara flatbread as pizza that crossed Middle eastern dip.
The nutty-hot flavor of muhammara makes a fiery base for this pizza. Fresh cucumber and mint adds an amazing refreshing touch to the pita pizza.Topped with Castello blue cheese, the whole pizza comes together in less than 5 minutes. Whether it’s lunchtime or dinnertime, you can relish this hearty and satisfying pizza anytime.
- 1 pita bread
- 2-4 tablespoon Muhammara (homemade or store bought)
- 1 medium Persian cucumber, cubed
- Dash of sumac
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Castello Blue cheese
- Toast the pita or warm the bread in the microwave.
- Spread muhammara on the pita.
- Add the cucumber and sprinkle some sumac and sesame seeds.
- Top with blue cheese and mint.