Try this super moist and flavor-packed recipe for a Cardamom-Pear Cake with sweet honey. It’s not only pretty, but absolutely delicious (and if you omit the honey, fully vegan).
I rediscovered cardamom a few weeks ago when making hot cocoa and I added a few pinches of this aromatic spice. I kind of become hooked on it, as it makes every dish pop with flavours and it brings back the memories of last year autumn, when we were living in the Middle East. Oh, and it pairs so nicely with pears. Which, when in season are a staple in our pantry.
Cardamom and Honey Pear Loaf Cake
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp whole meal flour
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 tbsp honey (leave out to make fully vegan)
- 1 pear
- Heat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a larger bowl.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing flax meal with water. Set aside for a few minutes. Meanwhile mix together the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients and flax egg into the dry. Transfer into the lined baking pan.
- Wash the pear and peel, if needed. Cut in half and core. Now slice both sides into thin slices and arrange over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes