Soft, sweet and so flavorful, this banana sweet potato loaf is delicious with a slather or peanut butter or toasted and enjoyed with your afternoon coffee.
This Banana Sweet Potato Bread recipe is healthy, easy and the perfect amount of sweetness. Moist, great for on-the-go, kid-friendly and mom approved!
I shared this post on my instagram a while back and it got an amazing reaction. anything that includes sweet potatoes gets a positive reaction out of me. They’re just SO good! And have lots of health benefits that you can read about here.
I turned this sweet potato banana bread healthy by using:
1. greek yogurt instead of oil,
2. egg whites instead of eggs,
3. coconut oil instead of vegetable oil andddd
4. lots of spices to help balance your blood sugar!
Really ALL of the ingredients in this sweet potato banana bread are whole, clean and delicious! (With the exception of brown sugar! But hey, 9/10 ain’t bad, right?)
Banana Sweet Potato BreadElizabeth Yontz
- 1.5 Cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 Cup Pureed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Medium + Ripe Bananas
- 1 5. 3 oz Container Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat bottom and sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.In a medium bowl stir together sweet potato, bananas, yogurt, brown sugar, eggs, and oil.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir until evenly moistened. Fold in pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Wrap in plastic wrap or foil; store overnight before slicing.
I am a twenty-something food + healthy lifestyle blogger learning to navigate the real world. I recently graduated from Samford University and proudly call Birmingham, AL home. In my spare time, you’ll most likely find me daydreaming as I scroll through instagram + various blogs, creating something in the kitchen, or exploring the outdoors (camera in hand of course). Got questions? I'd love to chat! email@example.com