Make something special for the weekend with this banana and Nutella croissant bake. It’s like baked French toast casserole, except this time with buttery croissants.
The weekend is quickly approaching, and I have the BEST breakfast/brunch recipe to share with you guys today. This Banana Nutella Croissant French Toast Casserole is ridiculously simple to make and SO GOOD. And I mean, I know the title is a mouthful but it almost takes longer to say than to make ? This is the perfect make-ahead sweet breakfast to kick off your weekend!
So here’s how you make this croissant french toast – buy some croissants at the grocery store, preferably the half-stale ones on the clearance rack. Take them home, halve them, and stuff them with a generous smear of Nutella and sliced bananas. Put them in a casserole dish and cover in a milk and egg mixture. At this point, you can either stick the whole thing in the fridge overnight, or just wait a couple hours for everything to get nice and soaked. Then when it’s breakfast time – bake and eat!!
While I’ve made french toast casserole before, and of course some variations of french toast, the combination of croissants and french toast is mind-blowing. The fact that it’s an easy peasy casserole is just a bonus, ya know. Also, I think there’s nothing better than Nutella and I’ll fight you on this. But if you’re not into it – bananas with peanut butter would probably be pretty fantastic. Or if you’re not into bananas, use strawberries! There are so many options to really make this croissant french toast your own.
I hope you’ll try out this scrumptious banana Nutella croissant french toast casserole soon! All you need is EIGHT ingredients and just a tiny bit of prep, and you’ll be rewarded with chocolatey, custardy perfection. Happy brunching!
Looking for more french toast ideas? Check out my Dark Chocolate Raspberry French Toast Casserole, Banana Bread French Toast, Vegan French Toast, Crunchy French Toast, Cannoli French Toast Roll-Ups, and Blueberry Preserves Stuffed French Toast!
- 10 mini croissants (~6 regular-sized croissants)
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- First, prepare the croissants. Cut them in half, spread some Nutella inside, and place some banana slices on top. Repeat with all.
- Spray a 9x13 dish with baking spray, and arrange the stuffed croissants inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over the croissants, making sure that they are mostly submerged. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in fridge overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until cooked through and no longer jiggly. Serve warm!