PARTNER POST: Discover how delicious dairy-free sweet and savory cooking can be with DREAM Ultimate Almond.
This is a vegan muffin that will attract even the dairy-guzzling carnivores in your life. Loaded with bananas, fiber, and chocolate chips, these sweet muffins are perfect for an on-the-go snack or breakfast.
We all know people who react adversely to the mere mention of the word “vegan”. In my case, some of those people live in my house. Without naming names, let’s just say that our goal with this recipe was to create a great tasting muffin that would pass the scrupulous inspection of each and every family member, vegetarian and carnivorous alike. These Vegan (shhh!) Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins passed the test with flying colors.
I am a huge fan of almond beverages. I use it in smoothies, on granola, and in baking (when I can get away with it). So when our friends at Dream sent us some of their newest Dream Ultimate Almond, I was over the moon. It has four times more almonds than regular almond beverage: that’s 5 grams of plant-based protein in every serving. I had a hunch that it would be the perfect ingredient to bake with, and I was right.
I like the idea of making mini muffins for this recipe, because each little muffin serves as the perfect high-energy breakfast on the go, or an easy after school snack. We just neglected to mention the “V word” and these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins were gone in minutes. What you don’t know won’t hurt you.
The new DREAM Ultimate Almond beverage can be found now at Whole Foods and soon at your local Sprouts. Click here for a coupon.
For more inspiration, check out this easy ice cream, no dairy or churning needed!
- 1 cup vanilla flavor Dream Ultimate Almond Beverage
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 9 oz. package vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour almond beverage into a small bowl and add the vinegar to it. Set aside to curdle.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond beverage mixture to the bananas, then add canola oil, sugar, and vanilla and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine white flour wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold banana/ almond milk mixture into dry ingredients and combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently stir together. Batter should be chunky,
- Fill the muffin cups all the way to the top of each cup (or even past the top for a high-rising muffin).
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm.
We met on a warm summer evening. His square jaw and engaging smile reminded me a bit of Clark Kent. We share a passion for life: music, baseball, and especially food. He makes me feel like I can fly. Welcome to our exploration of food, recipes and ideas that celebrates our life together. He creates the recipes and prepares the food, and I am the documentarian. My superman can cook! Check out our site, Superman Cooks.