PARTNER POST: Dive into the 120 days of summer with Santa Rita wines that pair perfectly with the foods of the season, straight off the grill.
This is a backyard meal that screams of summer. Enjoy spice rubbed and grilled pork chops with a refreshing tomato and peach salad and a glass of Santa Rita’s white wine.
Grilled pork chops with tomato and peach salad is the perfect summertime weeknight recipe loaded with bright flavors and textures. A simply dry-rubbed and marinated pork chop is charred to perfection on a hot grill. It is topped with a refreshing herb salad and served alongside the most addicting tomato and peach salad that just screams “summer!”
The Badia Complete Seasoning Mix is what sets these pork chops apart from the rest. Not only are the pork chops rubbed in this glorious mix, but they are also marinated in a mixture that has also been seasoned with this mix! This spice mix really gives these pork chops an umph of flavor that’s perfect for your summer grilling endeavors!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe for grilled pork chops with tomato and peach salad! Instead of pairing this dish with a beer today, I’m pairing it with Santa Rita’s 120 Sauvignon Blanc! It’s the perfect pairing! Be sure to make this dish at some point this summer!
For more grilling inspiration with Santa Rita, check out this grilled Chilean chicken and pebre sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (blend of yellow and red)
- 2 large peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 cup of corn kernels, cut from the cob
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Badia Complete Seasoning Mix, divided
- 4 1-inch cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 habanero pepper, seeds and stem removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, finely minced
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce and a dash of salt and black pepper. To the bowl with the dressing, add both sets of tomatoes, peaches, corn kernels, red onion, and cilantro. Toss to coat. Adjust seasoning to taste, cover, and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Taking 2 tablespoons of the Badia Complete Seasoning Mix, rub it into the pork chops. Place the pork chops in a large shallow dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon Badia Complete Seasoning Mix, orange juice, habanero pepper, garlic, and honey. Pour the mixture over the pork chops and seal with plastic wrap. Allow the pork chops to marinate for a couple of minutes while you prepare the fresh herb salad to serve on top.
- In a small bowl, toss the green onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and a dash of salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- To the preheated grill, add the pork chops. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side until charred. This 8 minute cooking time will cook the pork chops to medium-rare. Cook the pork chops more to achieve your desired doneness. Use a meat thermometer for accuracy.
- Remove the pork chops from the grill and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops topped with the herb salad and alongside the tomato and peach salad. Enjoy immediately!