This is a comfort food type of dessert, a delicious banana cake turned upside down.
By Tamara Novakoviç
Upside Down Banana Cake
This is a comfort food type of dessert, delicious!
Author: Tamara Novacovic
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 3 bananas
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- 8 tbsp butter + 2 tbsp for caramel
- 1 cup (240 ml) sour cream
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 6.3 oz (180 g) sugar
- 4.2 oz (120 g) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 356 F (180 C).
- Melt 2 tbsp butter with brown sugar, until smooth.
- Line springform pan (10.14 inch or 26 cm) with parchment paper and pour caramel over the bottom. Cut bananas into slices and spread them over the caramel.
- Melt 8 tbsp butter over low heat. Whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla, melted butter and sour cream.
- Sift flour with cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients-don't over mix. Spread the mixture evenly over bananas.
- Bake for around 30 minutes. Test with skewer. The caramel might leak during baking, so it's good to put an empty pan on the bottom of your oven.
- Turn the cake upside down onto a serving platter. Serve.