Studded with bacon, butternut squash, spinach, and avocado, these bacon butternut squash tacos are the perfect way to start your day. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free, these tacos work great for any meal of the day – breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Bacon butternut squash tacos! These tacos are gluten-free and dairy-free and can be made vegetarian and vegan without the bacon. As someone who can’t eat eggs, I love eating these for breakfast. They definitely fill me up and I love getting some veggies first thing in the morning. They also work great for lunch or dinner, too! You’ll love how simple these tacos are to throw together, I guarantee they’ll become a staple in your house.
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 cup onion diced (1/2 medium onion)
- 2 cups butternut squash diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup spinach
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon slices. Cook until bacon is cooked through and crisp. Remove bacon from the pan and crumble or break into small pieces. Set aside.
- In the remaining bacon grease, add the onion and butternut squash. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add spices and stir until combined. Cook another 5-6 minutes, until the butternut squash is able to be pierced with a fork. Add spinach and stir until the spinach is wilted. Stir in crumbled bacon. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas either in the oven for 3-4 minutes or in the microwave for 45 seconds. Fill tortillas with squash mixture and top with sliced avocado. Serve
Chicago food blogger specializing in gluten-free and other allergy friendly recipes showing you that just because you have food allergies and intolerances does not mean you can't eat and live deliciously!