Healthy Kale Egg Breakfast Cups – full of flavor and healthy goodness. With kale, sun-dried tomatoes, spicy chicken sausage, mushrooms, and feta, they will surely be the best part of waking up in 2017!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms thinly sliced
- ½ pound hot chicken sausage or sweet if preferred
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 8 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Pam cooking spray
- 12- cup muffin pan
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute or 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil, then saute onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute one additional minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Then add chicken sausage, and cook 6 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Break the sausage up into small pieces. Add sun-dried tomatoes and incorporate fully.
- Add kale and cook about 2 minutes, until it wilts slightly.
- Turn off heat then stir in feta
- Spray muffin pan, then add ingredients evenly to each muffin cup.
- Pour equal amount of egg into each cup, filling to just below the rim.
- Bake until the eggs have set, about 25-30 minutes.
- Recipe Notes
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
A food blog that helps you create delicious, easy, beautiful food right in your own kitchen. You got this!