This sweet and slightly tart drink is a grown up way to celebrate the season.
- Author: Kara and Marni Powers
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 1/2 oz apple cider (from your favorite nearby orchard-Wilson Farm or Russell Orchards)
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 oz Cava
- Apple curl for garnish (with a sharp knife, cut a curl from the skin of a Honey Crisp or any firm, red apple)
- Pour Vodka, apple cider, Cointreau, lemon juice and cinnamon into an ice-filled shaker. Shake rigorously.
- Pour into a chilled martini glass or deep wine glass.
- Top with the Cava and an apple curl.
Kara and Marni Powers
Kara and Marni Powers are twin sister cooks, dining and blogging their way through Boston's North End and beyond. They see the act of cooking and entertaining as a form of creative expression, an art that encourages the mixing of flavors, spices, techniques and stories. Their interest in cooking dates back to their Greek grandmother’s open-arms approach, letting them taste her savory creations like her famous spanakopita. Kara and Marni's fascination with food and culture continued during their travels abroad in Europe where they saw firsthand the limitlessness of cooking.