Tangy, spicy and full of flavors, this prawn satay recipe will leave you smiling.
By Jehanne Ali
Author: Jehanne Ali
Recipe Type: Side
- 3 large mandarins- sliced
- 2 tbsp chilli pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 500g jumbo prawns
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the mandarin slices on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes at 170C, under watchful supervision that they are not burnt or charred.
- Once roasted, leave the oven door open and let the mandarins dry out overnight or few hours.
- Mix the dried mandarin with chilli and grind to fine powder.
- Mix in the kosher salt and store in a jar for up to a month.
- Combine a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with 4 tbsp of mandarin chilli salt.
- Marinate the prawns for at least 1 hour.
- Prick the skewer through the prawns and grill on both sides until prawns are well done.