The addition of oats gives these hearty waffles a burst of flavor and fiber and the pop of red pomegranate seeds makes for a festive breakfast.
By Kelsey Hilts
Pomegranate Oatmeal Waffles
Author: Kelsey Hilts
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 Cup instant oats (using a flavored variety adds a new dimension, pomegranate flavor was used to make these)
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds + extra for top of waffle prior to cooking + garnish
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the milk, oil and eggs.
- Stir in the pomegranate seeds.
- Pour roughly 1 cup batter onto a lightly greased waffle iron that has been heated according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with another 1 Tbsp pomegranate seeds before closing the lid and cooking the waffle (optional).
- Garnish the cooked waffle with pomegranate seeds and serve with maple syrup.