These Pesto Antipasto Skewers are delicious appetizer sticks of fresh mozzarella, olives, salami, prosciutto, basil, and cherry tomatoes, all brushed with flavorful pesto right before devouring.
Pesto is hands down one of my favorite ingredients in the fridge. I’d go so far as to say that a fridge without pesto feels a little empty. Pesto is nutritious, flavorful, and it can go with just about anything (from pasta to bread to chicken to eggs) — how can you go wrong with a food like that?
Needless to say, I’m in love with these Antipasto Skewers with Pesto. Six heavenly ingredients lined up on a bamboo skewer and brushed with fresh pesto right before serving. Pesto perfection.
I love these antipasto skewers for a quick-and-easy party appetizer. No cooking necessary, your guests will love them (both looking at them and eating them!), and you’ll have 24 of them done and ready to serve in just about 15 minutes. Best of all, you can assemble the skewers up to a full day in advance, keep them in the fridge, and just brush the pesto on right before you serve them to your guests.
Just a little warning: they’re so good you may be tempted to keep them all for yourself! I’ve definitely found myself whipping up these antipasto skewers for a quiet evening at home… no party required.
If you make these antipasto skewers and find yourself craving more pesto, make sure to check out my Walnut Kale Basil Pesto and Pesto Rosso with a Kick recipes. Every day is a good day for pesto in my book, and it’s always fun to experiment with different types of pesto.
- 24 mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 24 olives
- 12 slices of salami folded in half
- 12 slices prosciutto folded into a triangle
- 24 small basil leaves
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pesto (recipe linked above)
- 24 3 ' Bamboo skewers
- Skewer the antipasto ingredients beginning with the mozzarella ball, followed by the larger pieces like prosciutto or tomato.
- Continue adding ingredients onto skewers until the end of the skewer.
- Arrange skewers on a serving platter.
- Cover platter and chill in fridge until ready to serve. Can be made up to one day in advance.
- Right before serving, brush skewers with fresh pesto.