This simple recipe is a delicious new way to enjoy deviled eggs. Packed with protein, it’s a perfect snack or appetizer.
Today’s hummus deviled eggs is perfect for a party or holiday appetizer but also makes a delicious every day snack.
Deviled eggs are my favorite! And honestly, as fancy as they look, they could be ready in 10 minutes. They are a nice change from the plain boring hard boiled eggs.
I usually make my deviled eggs the standard way, by just mixing the egg yolks with mustard and mayo, seasoning with salt and pepper and they taste amazing!
You can always jazz things up by adding things like bacon, sriracha, red peppers, chopped pickles or cheese. Since I’m a huge fan of Mediterranean food, I decided to add some hummus to these deviled eggs.
For the hummus, I used homemade, because I love making my Roasted Garlic And Lemon Hummus Recipe. It requires a few ingredients and tastes fantastic! The amount of hummus to fill 6 eggs, (12 halves) is 1/4 cup.
These healthy deviled eggs with hummus could be stored in the fridge, in an air-tight container for 3 days.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- ¼ cup hummus
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp grain mustard optional
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- splash of tabasco
- cayenne pepper for garnishing optional
- fresh parsley for garnishing optional
- sumac for garnishing optional
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Add the hummus, mustard, salt, pepper, vinegar and tabasco. Mix to combine. Pill a piping bag with the mixture.
- Place the egg white shells on a flat surface. Fill with hummus mixture. Sprinkle with either sumac or cayenne and chopped parsley.