This olive tapenade is anchovy-free, yet packed with flavor.
By Robin Runner
If you love olives, this recipe has your name written all over it. My husband and I love to entertain and anytime I can make some appetizers ahead of time – I’m a happier hostess. This tapenade is also wonderful on a muffuletta if you have leftovers. Serve with some toasted baguette slices or Melba toast. Pair it up with your favorite glass of wine and sit back and enjoy.
- ½ pound of mixed olives, pitted ( I used garlic stuffed, feta stuffed, green and Kalamata olives)
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of capers
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- ½ of a lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Zest from one lemon
- This is super easy! Toss it all in your food processor and blend until it resembles a chunky paste. Remove and store in a tupperware container.