A flavorful panko topping adds crunch to this quick and easy weeknight dinner.
By Amy Casey
- 5 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 4 (6 – ounce) cod fillets
- ½ lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup panko
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter. Place the cod in the dish and season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a medium sized sauté pan. When the butter has melted and just begins to foam, turn off the heat and add the garlic. Let garlic infuse the butter for a minute or so.
- Add the panko and lightly toss until all the butter has been absorbed. Stir in the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide the panko mixture on top of each cod fillet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until panko crumbs are golden brown and fish is just cooked through.