This only took about 40 minutes. The texture is similar to a baked potato when done. They are packed with protein, fiber and iron.
By Robin Runner
- 1.5 cups of cooked shelled/blanched fava beans
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled (you can use less if you aren’t a fan)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt Scant
- ¼ cup olive oil Vegetable broth
- Into your food processor, add all of the ingredients throughout the salt. Pulse a few times. Then through the spout, with the machine running, drizzle the olive oil into the mixture. If your hummus doesn’t look creamy, then add additional vegetable broth (helping to keep the calories down) until you achieve a smooth creamy texture.
- Serve with veggies, pretzels, crackers or whatever you wish! You can use it as a spread on sandwiches too. Very versatile and totally vegan!