Switch out the Roman Raspberry for another fruity sorbet to go in this salty-sweet sandwich.
By Olivia Caminiti
Talenti sorbetti and gelati are some of the best I have found. The flavors are full and the texture is spot on! Roman Raspberry sorbetto is my most recent favorite for the tartness that I crave on a hot summer’s day. The salty bittersweet bite of the chocolate covered Saltines gives the typical ice cream sandwich cookie come competition. Once a complete chocolate Saltine sandwich is in my hand I like to crush it a bit before diving in to make sure it gets in my mouth before getting all over my lap. The recipe says it serves four but I know I have a hard time just eating one!
- 8 Saltine crackers
- 2 oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Talenti Roman Raspberry sorbet
- Melt chocolate pieces over a double boiler.
- Dip the top-side of the cracker in the chocolate, pressing down slightly, then place on cooling rack or wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Place chocolate crackers in the freezer to harden for about 5 minutes then remove to add sorbet.
- Scoop a tablespoon size scoop of sorbet on to 4 of the crackers and then top with the other four crackers.
- Enjoy immediately & repeat!