These no-bake scotcheroo bars are a beautiful mashup or butterscotch rice krispie treats and creamy cheesecake.
I’m a fan of crowd-pleasing desserts that can satisfy multiple cravings. And as a mom of three, I’ve had lots of opportunities to come up with tasty meals and treats that please a wide variety of tastes.
I especially enjoy creating recipe mash-ups, where I take two favorite recipes and combine them into one super amazing dessert. And that is exactly what these Scotcheroo Cheesecake Bars are. They are everything you love about rich and creamy cheesecake combined with sweet and crispy Scotcheroos. As the saying goes, the whole really is greater than the sum of its parts!
If you’re not familiar with them, Scotcheroos are a peanut butter version of the classic rice crispy treats topped with layers of melted chocolate and butterscotch. They have been a favorite since the 1960’s when the recipe was introduced on the back of Rice Krispies cereal boxes.
Scotcheroos are a popular treat in our house, and they tend to disappear as fast as I can make them. The same goes for deletable cheesecake bars, which are also at the top of our family’s list of most requested desserts.
These Scotcheroo Cheesecake Bars are the perfect mash-up of silky smooth cheesecake filling and chewy Scotcheroo goodness.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE MAKING SCOTCHEROO CHEESECAKE BARS
They are so quick and easy to make! And since this is a no-bake dessert, it’s a great recipe for the kids to make on their own.
These bars are packed with a whole lot of flavor. Everyone will love this delectable combination of peanut butter, butterscotch, and sweet cheesecake filling.
Make-ahead ease! Prepare them in the morning then pop them in the fridge to chill until dinner is done and it’s time to serve.
- 4 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup butterscotch topping
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 3 ounce package instant Butterscotch pudding
- 1 cup milk cold
- 4 ounces whipped topping i.e. Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch topping
- Prepare a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In a saucepan, heat the honey, sugar, butterscotch, and peanut butter, until heated through.
- Mix in the cereal, until coated.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of the pan. (Using a wet spoon or hands works well.)
- Refrigerate the crust while preparing the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- In a separate the bowl, whisk the milk into the pudding mix.
- Add the pudding to the cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the crust.
- In a mixing bowl, add the whipped topping and butterscotch, and whisk together.
- Top the pudding with whipped topping mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Freeze for 15 minutes prior to cutting, for easier serving.