An unusual combination of flavors that merge together in these delicious, yet healthy, pastries. 100% vegan, gluten and sugar free!
By Ambra Torelli
Sometimes the best recipes come out just like this. You match a few ingredients that inspire you and happen to create a 5 star dish. A case of persimmons just picked up from the tree, a fruit stand selling carobs… I connected the dots, and something delicious was born!
Remember, my philosophy for success on eating clean is not feeling deprived. Just focus on the whole foods, on what is actually good for your body, bring out your creativity and start cooking.
- For the Crust:
- 10 Carob Pods
- 50 gr of shredded, unsweetened Coconut
- 50 gr Organic Date Paste
- 50 gr Raw Almonds
- 5 tbs Coconut Milk
- For the Cream:
- 2 Persimmons
- 1 tbsp 100% Raw Cacao
- Open the carobs and remove the seeds. Put the fruits in a high speed blender together with the other ingredients for the crust. Blend until you get a coarse, flour-like texture.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and knead it adding the coconut milk, until the dough becomes elastic.
- Create a thin layer with a rolling pin and cut 6 circles and place them in a muffin baking pan. Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes.
- Blend the persimmon pulp with the cocoa powder on a high speed blender until the cream gets thick and fluffy.
- Spoon the cream in the carob cups and decorate with some cacao powder. Enjoy!