This no-churn ice cream features a spectacular trio of flavors: Boozy and nutty with sparks of exceptional syrupy sweetness.
By Natasha Steinberg
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3+ Tbsp. bourbon
- 100 g (1 cup) raw walnut halves
- 480 ml (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sorghum syrup
- Toast walnuts in a skillet over medium heat or on a baking sheet in a 350 degree F oven for 6-8 minutes until fragrant. Once walnuts are cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and bourbon. Stir in walnuts, reserving a small handful for garnish.
- In another bowl, beat cream to medium-soft peaks then fold into the bourbon mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Pour half the mixture into a loaf pan. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of the sorghum syrup over top and run a knife in a zigzag motion to create a swirl effect. Top with the remaining ice cream mixture and repeat the drizzling/swirling of the sorghum syrup.
- Cover and freeze until firm, preferably over night. Keel over.