Bhuna Gobi – Indian Spiced Cauliflower
An Indian delight – enjoy this simple homemade Bhuna Gobi, made with thinly chopped cauliflower and indian spices.
By Anita Mokashi
There are times when I don’t feel like cooking and then who else can come to my rescue but my dear husband, Ritesh. He made this last night for dinner and it was pretty awesome.
Bhuna Gobi - Mix of Cauliflower and Indian Spices
Author: Anita Mokashi
Recipe Type: Side
- 1 cauliflower thinly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafetida
- 3 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 inch ginger thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt as per taste
- Heat oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafetida and turmeric powder.
- Now add green chillies, ginger, garlic and red chilli powder.
- Finally add cauliflower and salt. Cover the pan with the lid and let it cook for 15 mins. Stir in between and add garam masala.
- Serve it hot with phulkas.
Originally Published: June 17, 2013