White chocolate in often under appreciated, if you’re a fan of the sweet stuff you’ll love these simple treats.
By Jessica Dady
- 4oz self raising flour
- 4oz caster sugar
- 4oz butter
- ½tsp baking powder
- 4oz white choc chips
- 2med eggs
- flaked almonds
- Preheat oven 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 and line a bun tin with 6-9 cupcakes cases.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk all of the ingredients together (minus the almonds!)
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcakes cases and sprinkle each cupcake with a generous helping of flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15mins until golden. If you're cupcakes are browning but not cooking inside, cover with tin foil and bake checking every 5 mins!
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled drizzle in melted white chocolate or icing and top with glacé cherries for an even sweeter finish!