The perfect pour for celebratory sipping and all of winter, this big-batch mulled cocktail recipe is super easy to make and features seasonal spices, citrus and berries. Grab a bottle of Spanish Rioja wine and Brockmans gin and you are set for success!
This cozy drink is the perfect way to welcome guests into your home. It’s warm, aromatic and delicious. Be sure to use Brockmans Gin in this recipe. Why this particular gin? It’s special, with unique notes of dark berries, unlike any other gin. These botanicals make it the perfect addition to a mulled wine cocktail.
Warm Winter Mull with Gin
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings 1x
- 5 oz. Brockmans Gin
- 1 bottle of Spanish Rioja
- 3 ½ oz. simple syrup
- 3 ½ oz. orange juice
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 handful fresh seasonal berries
- 6 cinnamon sticks (+ more spices like star anise or cloves if you like)
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorns (in a sachet)
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and stir to combine. Heat on high for one hour. Reduce the temperature to low to keep it warm for up to 5 hours. If you don’t have a slow cooker, simply place ingredients in a heavy based casserole dish or saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on, leaving it on a very low heat for about 45 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into insulated glassware. Garnish with a few seasonal berries, a stick of cinnamon and orange slice.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. We strive to create an inspiring place for culinary exploration, salivating recipes, interesting personalities and stories.