Paneer is sautéed with veggies and beans for a fun new take on tacos and served with rice, fresh salsa, and avocado cream.
By Manali Singh
As we all know tacos are a traditional Mexican dish made of a corn or wheat tortilla, which is filled and then folded. The reason I like tacos is because they are so versatile. In a sense they are like Indian parathas, which just like tacos can be filled with anything and everything.
The other day I made these paneer and bean veggies tacos and topped with avocado cream sauce and fresh tomato salsa. It surely made for some fantastic dinner which we thoroughly enjoyed. I like how everyone can create their own taco based on personal likes and preference.
- 8 Taco shells
- 1 avocado, big
- ½ cup yogurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro/coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ cup sweet corn
- ½ cup black beans, cooked
- ¾ cup paneer, cut into small cubes
- ½ green pepper/capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- juice of half time
- ¾ teaspoon taco seasoning
- salt, to taste
- Cut and peel the avocado and take out it's pulp in a bowl.
- Add greek yogurt to it.
- Transfer to a food processor, add lime juice, salt and pepper and pulse till smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Take 1 cup of cooked rice in a bowl. I used long grain Asian rice, you can use any rice of your choice.
- Add chopped cilantro/coriander leaves, some lime juice to it.
- Mix till well combined and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds to it and wait till the seeds crackle.
- Once the seeds crackle and the paneer cubes, sliced green pepper and taco seasoning. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add cooked black beans, corn and salt to taste. Mix everything together till well combined
- Place the rice, avocado cream sauce, tomato salsa and the veggies in separate bowls.
- Also place the taco shells and let everyone make their own tacos with their choice of filling and toppings!