This is the simplest, tastiest and healthiest broccoli preparation if one is looking to Indianize this green and great veggie.
By Priya Mahadevan
This is the simplest and tastiest and healthiest broccoli preparation if one is looking to Indianize this green and great veggie. It is light and delicious and can be paired with chappatis or rice or couscous or can even be had as is. Takes 10 minutes flat to make and is highly satisfying.
- 2 medium broccoli bunches
- ½ grated coconut
- 2red chilies
- ½ tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- Grate the broccoli with the bigger scraping side.
- Steam broccoli until tender (not soggy) this keeps the lush green color intact.
- In a pan, heat oil, add urad and brown.
- Add chilies and broccoli and turn in the pan.
- Add the salt and the grated coconut and let all the flavors blend.
- Serve as desired.
Priya Mahadevan is a writer and food blogger with a background in journalism & communication. Priya's mission with her food blog is to blow the myth that healthy cannot be tasty. She was a political and feature correspondent for a prominent Indian newspaper in the 90s before moving to the US. She lives in Virginia with her husband and 3 beautiful children. You can find her world of vegetarian recipes at http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com.