Make these Slow Cooker Turkey Mole Tacos for a tasty twist on taco night.
Taco night – it’s still the best dinner night, am I right?
The kids love it and so do the adults so that’s a dinner night win all around.
What I love about tacos is that for one, there’s SO many different ways to make them…and then once you make them there’s SO many different ways to top them!
A favorite recipe around our house are these Slow Cooker Crispy Chicken Carnitas, we’ve actually unplugged our slow cooker full of this chicken and headed over to our friends house with tortillas in hand. It’s just a simple recipe that has simple flavors that everyone seems to really like.
But then you can top them with all the crazy things you want.
But today we’re making a new addition to our taco night, these Slow Cooker Turkey Mole Tacos.
Our oldest son who loves to try new things and pretty much eats anything was asking about mole sauce. He had seen it as an option at Moe’s Southwest Grill but wasn’t sure if he’d like it.
Taking that as a challenge…we decide to make some mole. I kept the flavors really simple here, I know that a lot of mole recipes (or most) call for chipotle in adobo but I know my boys don’t like that flavor so I kept it out.
All you need is a small turkey breast to get these Slow Cooker Turkey Mole Tacos started. Mix up the sauce and pour it over the turkey in a slow cooker and set it on low for about 8 hours.
I found mine was done around 6 1/2 hours, but it will depend on the size so I’d say after 6 hours start checking to see if it’s tender. But if you need it to go 8 hours while you’re out of the house, it’s going to be just fine.
Turkey Mole Tacos
- 1 skinless 2 1/2 pound turkey breast
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 large red onion sliced thin
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Place the turkey breast into a slow cooker.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk until blended, then pour over the turkey.
- Turn the turkey to coat in the sauce then cover and set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker and place on a board to cool.
- Shred the turkey with two large forks into large, bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add a cup of sauce at a time to the shredded turkey, tossing to coat in the sauce. Add as much or as little sauce as desired for your taste.
- Serve the turkey in flour tortillas, topped with the onion slices, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
Born and raised in New Jersey, Dan started the web site Mantitlement as a way to learn how to cook for the first time from his wife, Christie. Christie has always been the primary cook in the household and Dan got used to having her three-course, restaurant quality meals for dinner every night. Well, it was time he learned how to do some cooking on his own, and that's how Mantitlement got started. Dan believes that everyone is entitled to having great food and drinks at home...and he can show you how to make them with his collection of recipes!