These awesome grilled turkey sliders are made with tandoori spices and served with a sweet and salty mint raita.
These Tandoori Turkey patties (you can use chicken if you prefer) are perfect on the grill and burst with warm tandoori spices, mint, ginger and garlic. They take only minutes to make, and I’ve used regular store bought tandoori spice mix here to cut down on prep time. The flavors are amazing and my kids loved them, and since they can also be made ahead and frozen – they are perfect for parties too. The patties are placed on a hot grill and cooked to perfection until golden and delicious.
Indian spices add a wonderful depth of flavor to meats and poultry, and this recipe is one such example where a few ingredients transform a mundane dish to something phenomenal. The tandoori spice blend consisting of aromatic spices such as coriander, cumin and cardamom is a great way to enjoy some Indian flavors – without the effort of making the spice blend yourself.
Stack the mini-burgers with a sweet and salty mint raita with a hint of cumin. They make for delicious kids’ lunches and party appetizers with layers of lettuce, red onions and tomatoes on some mini hamburger buns.
Step by Step Guide to Grilled Tandoori Turkey Sliders with Mint Raita
1. Prepare the Mint Raita:
– In a medium-sized bowl, combine the Greek yoghurt, chopped mint, lemon juice, sugar, salt, ground cumin, and red chili or paprika (if using).
– Mix until well combined and all ingredients are evenly distributed.
– Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill while you make the patties.
2. Prepare the Tandoori Patties:
– In a food processor, blend the small onion until it turns into a paste.
– Transfer the onion paste to a large mixing bowl.
– To the bowl, add the ground turkey (or chicken), Tandoori masala powder, crushed ginger, crushed garlic, chopped mint, and salt.
– Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
– Shape the mixture into round balls with your palms, then flatten them to create patties.
3. Cook the Patties:
– Preheat a grill or griddle pan and brush it lightly with oil.
– Once hot, place the patties on the grill or pan.
– Cook each side until golden brown and fully cooked through. This should take a few minutes per side.
4. Assemble the Sliders:
– Take the bottom half of a hamburger bun.
– Spread a generous amount of mint raita on it.
– Place a cooked Tandoori patty on top.
– Follow with a piece of lettuce, a slice of onion, and a slice of tomato.
– Cap it off with the top half of the bun.
– Repeat the assembly process with the remaining ingredients.
5. Serve and Enjoy!
– Serve the Tandoori Turkey Sliders with Mint Raita immediately. They’re perfect for gatherings, picnics, or as a delicious twist on the traditional slider.
Consider toasting the hamburger buns slightly before assembling the sliders. This will give them a nice crunch and added depth.
Soni is a recipe developer, food writer/blogger who creates recipes with a healthy Indian twist. She is a passionate cook and her recipes cater to readers who are are willing to try contemporary Indian flavors in wide ranging fusion dishes that she creates.She shares all her cooking adventures on her blog Soni's Food.