SPONSORED: We get excited about good food and great ingredients, so we’ve teamed up with Divine Flavor to bring you delicious recipes made with their mini Tribelli peppers.
These Sweet Pepper Biscuit Breakfast BLTs are hearty breakfast sandwiches made on a homemade sweet pepper biscuit and loaded with fresh lettuce and tomato, crispy bacon and a runny fried egg!
Is there anything better than a BLT for breakfast? Yes, there is, you see, when that BLT is served on a homemade biscuit!
Now before you start rolling your eyes and get all “that’s so complicated, I hate you for even mentioning homemade biscuits” let me tell you how easy they are…
Like I was saying… they are SO easy! No need for kneading (no pun intended) and you don’t even have to let them rise! Oh, and did I mention, they are made entirely in the food processor!? Yep, they are a one bowl kind of biscuit – are you in?
We’ll start by first chopping up the Divine Flavor Tribelli Mini Sweet Peppers. We have them to thank for giving our biscuits that sweet, fresh pepper taste as well as making them a pretty pinky-orange hue! Did you know that Divine Flavor Tribelli Mini Sweet Peppers are sustainably grown in greenhouses so we have the pleasure of enjoying them all year long!? Win-Win-Win!
Once you have chopped the peppers up nice and fine in the food processor you add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix that all up and then add the butter. It is very important to use cold butter in biscuit making, we don’t want the butter to fully combine with the flour because then it will form more or those flakey layers we are after! So do yourself a favor and freeze the butter for at least 20 minutes prior to adding it into the dough.
After the butter has been pulsed into the dough, add the honey and then slowly pour in the buttermilk. The dough is going to start to form a ball, once it does, stop the food processor and you are ready to roll!
Make sure you flour your hands and the surface you are rolling the dough on to. Roll out the dough so it is 1-inch thick. Using a 2-inch wide circular cookie cutter, cut the biscuits out of the dough and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the biscuits for about 10 minutes at 425°F.
Now that we have the biscuits baking it’s time to prep our BLT ingredients! We’ll need slices of romaine lettuce, slices of tomatoes and we’ll fry up some bacon and eggs! Once your bacon and eggs are cooked to your liking and the biscuits are out of the oven it’s time to assemble! You will have the best results if you use the biscuits fresh out of the oven. Slice them in half and then layer on the lettuce, tomato slices, bacon and an egg! Pop the top on and dive into breakfast heaven!
- 4 Divine Flavor Tribelli Mini Sweet Peppers
- 2 cups white all-purpose flour + more for rolling
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, very cold*
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 8 sweet pepper biscuits
- 16 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 large tomatoes
- 8 eggs
- 8 large slices romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside
- Slice the tops off the peppers and slice in half vertically, remove seeds
- Add the peppers to the bowl of your food processor fitted with blade attachment
- Process on high until the peppers are chopped up into small pieces
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt, pulse to combine
- Add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time, pulse
- Add the honey, pulse
- Slowly add the buttermilk, dough will begin to form a ball
- Flour your hands and remove the dough from the food processor, forming into a ball
- Place on a flat, floured surface
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it is about 1-inch thick
- Cut out the biscuits into 2-inch wide circles**
- Evenly space the biscuits on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits turn golden brown
- Slice the sweet pepper biscuits in half horizontally
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until cooked to your liking, set aside
- Slice the tomatoes horizontally, sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- Remove some of the bacon grease from the skillet, leave just enough to fry the eggs in
- Crack the eggs into the skillet 1 at a time and fry until cooked to your liking***
- Layer the lettuce, tomato slices, bacon slices and a fried egg on the bottom piece of each biscuit
- Close the sandwich with the top of the biscuit and enjoy immediately.
**use a cookie cutter if you have one
***for a runny egg only fry it for 2-3 minutes