Harmonious peaches and strawberries come together with coconut milk in this mouth-watering morning smoothie.
I wanted all this strawberry peach deliciousness for myself. It’s so incredibly blasted simple to make!
You just cut up some strawberries and peaches–skin and all–and freeze them. Then chuck them into a blender or food processor with a little juice, maple syrup, and your milk of choice. My milk of choice this time was some leftover coconut milk I’d saved.
I added a little orange juice to help bring out the peach flavor. I think of orange juice kinda like salt for peaches; it just helps them bloom into their full flavor. I add some maple syrup for sweetness too. These are so good I could start every single morning with one. The fruity carbs, fiber, and vitamins make me feel like an on-point clarity machine.
- 2½ cups strawberries hulled and quartered
- 4 peaches stones removed and roughly chopped
- 1 cups nondairy milk I used leftover coconut milk liquid
- juice of ½ orange
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Line a freezer safe container with waxed paper and put the fruit in it. Freeze for about an hour.
- Combine the frozen fruit and all the other ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for a day or two.
Cook time includes freezing the fruit.
Gin's a crazy food romantic who's head over heels for big flavors and fresh, healthy ingredients. She's extra-inspired by Indian, Mexican and Indonesian cooking, and will put peanut butter on just about anything.