PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
Rolled with berry preserves, these delicious strawberry sweet rolls are served warm with fresh strawberries, walnuts and drizzled with a lavender icing.
Mother’s Day is almost here, so make it a special day … serve mom breakfast in bed!
Mom. Mommy. Mum. Mummy. Mother. Mère. Mama. Madre. Moeder. Marmy. So many ways to say that she’s been the center of our world. She’s that amazing lady in your life that has taken care of you, been there for you through it all, the good and the bad. Now it’s our turn to treat her this Mother’s Day with strawberry filled sweet rolls topped off with a lavender infused cream cheese icing.
For these Strawberry Sweet Rolls, I took my inspiration from my one of my favorite preserves by Bonne Maman.
There are so many tasty reasons to love and enjoy Bonne Maman preserves, and for me, one of the main reasons is the quality of wholesome ingredients and the full of flavor taste.
Every time I pick up a lovely jar of their preserves, it’s like going back to grandmother’s house, and finding her homemade stock of treats ready to enjoy. The best part, is that all of that love and homemade taste can be found in Bonne Maman whole fruit preserves.
The Strawberry Sweet Rolls are beautifully layered with whole fruit Bonne Maman strawberry preserves, fresh sliced strawberries and toasted walnuts, then baked into these jumbo sweet rolls. While they’re warm, that’s when you drizzle the lavender infused creamy icing on top. Serve them up with a nice cup of coffee or tea, and treat her to a relaxing breakfast in bed.
Make sure to enter Bonne Maman’s sweepstakes for a chance to win a 12-piece Le Creuset cookware set and more!
Check out this video and all the ways you can gussy up your toast in the mornings!
Strawberry Sweet RollsStacey Doyle
For the Rolls:
- 2¼ tsp 1-7g package Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Warm Water between 105 - 110°F
- 3 Tbsp Shortening
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Hot Water
- 4½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Salt
For the Filling:
- ½ cup Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- ½ cup Walnuts roughly chopped and toasted
For the Icing/Glaze:
- 2 tsp dried Lavender
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- In a small bowl, dissolve the Active Dry Yeast in warm (lukewarm) water, set aside for about 5 - 10 minutes, the yeast will become foamy. *Note: The temperature of the water should be between 105 - 110°F, if the water is too hot it will kill the yeast and prevent the dough from rising.*
- In a large bowl of a handheld or electric mixer, mix together the Shortening with the Hot Water (needs to be hot enough to help melt the shortening) and Sugar. Allow to cool.
- Into the Shortening, mix in 2 cups of the All Purpose Flour, ½ cup at a time, until well combined.
- Add the Yeast mixture and Egg, mixing in well.
- If using a stand mixer, switch to the dough hook attachment, otherwise use a wooden spoon to continue. Add the remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, until well combined. *If using the dough hook, continue to mix for about 3 - 5 minutes until the dough comes together and is smooth. If using a wooden spoon, mix well. Place dough on lightly floured work space and begin to knead dough for 5 - 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough into a lightly greased bowl, roll dough around in bowl until coated, cover with a clean kitchen towel, place in a warm and draft free place. Allow to rise at least 30 minutes - 1 hour, or until dough has doubled.
- While the dough is rising, it's time to infuse the butter. Melt the Butter over low heat, remove from heat and add the Lavender. Allow to infuse for about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Strain the Butter, removing and discarding the Lavender. Chill the infused Lavender Butter in the refrigerator until ready to make the Icing.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into approximately a 12 x 18 rectangle.
- Spread the Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves thinly over the dough, leaving a ½ inch border. Layer the sliced Strawberries over the Preserves then scatter the roughly chopped toasted Walnuts.
- Carefully roll up the dough into a log shape, starting from the short end. Using a serrated bread knife, cut the log into 2 inch slices. Place the slices, cut side up into the lined baking pan. Cover with a kitchen towel, place in a warm spot and allow to rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 - 40 minutes or until starting to turn golden. Allow to cool about 5 - 10 minutes.
For the Icing:
- While the rolls are baking, make the Icing. In a large bowl, beat together the Infused Butter and softened Cream Cheese until creamy.
- Add in the Powdered Sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add the Lemon Juice and mix well. Icing should be creamy. Chill until ready to use.
- Once the rolls have slightly cooled, top with plenty of the Lavender infused Icing and serve warm.
A Southern girl with a taste for travel, Stacey takes inspiration from her global pantry and cooks with a sense of adventure. Now she’s raising her three young children to appreciate a wide world of food, even if she doesn’t always tell them exactly what they’re eating. Stacey is the food photographer, writer and creator of Little Figgy Food. She's also addicted to coffee. Addicted to olives. Fairly obsessed with dark chocolate.