This is just another way to use some of the season’s bounty of gorgeous strawberries you might have on hand. Makes the perfect breakfast, lunch or snack.
By Robin Runner
Our strawberry patch is exploding with fresh, gorgeous, organic strawberries! After bringing in about 5 lbs I thought it would be fun to whip up some strawberry milk for my youngest (her fave) and it quickly turned into a protein smoothie. She loves strawberry milk (almond, that is) but I opted to pack it with additional protein. This is just another way of using up some of the gorgeous summery strawberries you might have on hand. Makes the perfect breakfast, lunch or snack.
- 2 cups of hulled strawberries
- 1 scoop of Vega vanilla protein powder (you can use whatever vegan protein powder you prefer)
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 ice cubes
- Optional: 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- Add all of your ingredients to your Vitamix or blender and blend on the smoothie setting until creamy.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
- I make a lot of this and store it in the fridge for 2-3 days covered.