With a refreshing crunch and loaded with zest and a touch of spice, these quick pickled radishes are easy to make and throw on burgers, tacos, salads, and more.
Quick, Spicy Pickled Radishes were a surprise to me until my husband started serving them with tacos and salads and burgers. I couldn’t believe how easy they are to make, and how much zesty flavor and crunch they can add to your meal!
The thin radish slices turn pink as they begin to cool so not only are they delicious, but they’re pretty too. The color of the jalapeños doesn’t fare as well, but their job is to provide a little spicy kick! The thing to remember is that they don’t last long (as in, sitting around in the refrigerator). They really should be eaten immediately, but they should keep in the fridge for no longer than a day.
The pickled radishes are so different from the mellow radishes that I’ve made in the past, like these Roasted Radishes and Sautéed Kale with Citrus Salt, but just as easy to make.
I hope you try these Quick, Spicy Pickled Radishes soon for your next Taco Tuesday meal, or when you’ve got the grill going for burgers. They add a crunchy, zesty touch to dinner!
- 6 radishes sliced thin
- 1/2 jalapeño
- pepper sliced into rings, seeds removed
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Layer the radishes and jalapeño rings in a glass jar (1/2 pint size) and set aside.
- Bring the water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the radishes and jalapeño slices.
- Set aside, uncovered, for about 30 minutes. The radishes should take on a pink color as they cool.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate any unused portion, and use within a day.
Patricia Conte is the writer, recipe developer, and photographer behind Grab a Plate. She credits her love of cooking, baking, and entertaining to her Italian immigrant family who is also passionate about all things food! Visit her at Grab a Plate where she shares her love of food, recipes, and bites in between. Follow Patricia on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.