Simple, marinated shrimp brightens up your usual tacos with a refreshing avocado and tomato salsa to finish things off.
These shrimp tacos with avocado pico, or salsa, are super easy to make and are so addicting! I bet you can’t eat just one!
If you are using frozen Shrimp, make sure you thaw them out before making this. I like to thaw mine in a bowl of cold water, switching the water out every 10 minutes until they are thawed. They are usually thawed in 20-30 minutes.
Now I had bought Shrimp with the tails on, because they were on sale. I mean who doesn’t like a good deal right?! Once my Shrimp were thawed, I peeled an deveined them before cooking. I don’t mind doing a little extra work if it saves me $$$.
Once the Shrimp is thawed go ahead and start marinating them. While they are marinating you can start making the salsa!
To make this Gluten Free, I used Corn Tortillas. I just heated them up in the microwave for 15 seconds to get them nice and warm. Click here for even more delicious, gluten-free recipes.
- ½ pound Shrimp shelled and deveined
- ¼ cup EVOO
- Juice from 3 small Limes
- 1 Habanero finely chopped
- 1 tsp Honey
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped Cilantro
- 2 Avocados
- 1 large lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup orange pepper chopped
- 1 habanero pepper chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Use Corn Tortillas to make these tacos Gluten Free
- If your shrimp is frozen, thaw in a bowl of cold water. Drain and switch out water every 10 min until thawed.
- In shallow pan (I use a pie plate) add Shrimp, EVOO, Lime juice, Habanero, Honey, Salt, Pepper, Water, and Cilantro.
- Marinade for about 20 minutes.
- While Shrimp is marinading, prepare the salsa.
- Chop up all ingredients for the Salsa and add them to a medium size bowl.
- Note: You can make the salsa up to a day ahead of time, just don't add the Avocado until you are ready to serve.
- Once Shrimp is done marinading, add the Shrimp and the marinade to a large pan and saute for about 5 minutes on med-high heat until Shrimp and pink and cooked through.
- Add Salsa to Corn Tortilla shells, then top with Shrimp.