This vegetarian meal in one deep dish straight out of the oven. An easy weeknight dinner!
Recipe by Fina Cardwell
This spicy cauliflower and broccoli gratin is great on its own, or it can be a comforting side dish. Enjoy!
Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
This article has been posted with permission and originally appeared as, “Spicy Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin” on Relish.
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese
- 2 12-oz bags frozen broccoli and cauliflower blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add 1 1/4 cups cheese, a little at a time, stirring after each addition until melted. Remove from heat.
- Arrange broccoli and cauliflower blend in an 8-inch square casserole dish. Pour sauce over top. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned on top. Sprinkle with green onions.
Offering more than 14,000 recipes plus features and DIYs on cooking, dining and entertaining, Relish celebrates America's love of food. Relish is about honoring cooking traditions while exploring new trends and ideas, which is why millions of people turn to both Relish.com and Relish Magazine for special occasion recipes, quick and easy weeknight suppers and culinary adventures.