Kristina Wiley finds herself ‘winning’ with this great left-over pork and brie sandwich.
Text And Photo By Kristina Wiley
I have to admit, as much as I love big holiday meals – my favorite part is actually (wait for it)… The Left-Overs. There are always loads of leftovers and I love it. Strange, I know. At Thanksgiving, it’s that turkey sandwich with fresh oven roasted turkey that I SO look forward to. At Easter, it’s the left over honey-glazed ham sandwiches!
This is an idea I came up with last week when using up the rest of our dijon honey-maple glazed pork tenderloin. The outcome? “Uh, winning!” This is so simple, that I can’t really call it a recipe. There are no precise quantities or measurements. It’s more of a make it how you like it kinda meal! Gotta love customization! Add as much meat and/or cheese as your prefer. However, the raspberry sauce is a different story – you will all be fighting over who gets more! You must divvy it up fairly (or at least make everyone think you are)! hah
Please do yourself a favor and remember this sandwich when you are trying to get rid of those ham or pork leftovers – you will thank me!
- 12 oz (340 g) bag of frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon corn starch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Bread of Choice (Demi Loafs, Ciabatta Bread, French Baguettes)
- Leftover Thinly Sliced Pork (or sliced Ham), fully cooked
- Brie Cheese, Sliced
- Heat Raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium high heat. Heat until raspberries come to a low boil (takes about 10-15 minutes). Add the cornstarch (premixed into the 2 teaspoons of water). Simmer for 2-3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice bread in half lengthwise and place both halves into oven (cut side up) until heated through and beginning to toast (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from oven and layer the ham/pork and brie cheese on one half. Place back into oven until cheese is melted and ham/pork is heated through (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and drizzle top half with a few tablespoons of raspberry sauce, and place it on top of the half with the ham/pork and brie. Be prepared to absolutely devour!